Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MY TCS EXPERIENCE


Vivek Jain
IT 4th yr
                                                                                        (: 9949500859






Hi GuysJ. Before sharing my experience about TCS interview I would like to suggest you some
Important points that will surely help you out!!
1)      Be cool and always keep a pleasant smile even if u don’t know the answer J
2)      Answer content is not important but d way u delivers and gestures are most important.
3)      Brush up with the 2 subjects as a part of your areas of interest.
4)      Body language- 55%, Voice-38%, and least importance to Knowledge -7%.
5)      Impressive looks matters a lot (you should get clicked in Interviewer’s System).
6)      Interviewer will extend his hand first, and then respond for hand shake.

APTITUDE ROUND:
 I didn’t have aptitude round as I stand 2nd in my class (So do remember aggregate also matters a lot).

TECHNICAL ROUND:
It will be very simple just be cool and confident. It was just for 5 to 8 minutes for me and the motto behind this round was to check your Confidence level and the way you answer I mean Body language. It is nothing like that the students who didn’t have aptitude round, technical round will be difficult.

Myself (Vivek): Good afternoon Sir with a smiling face J
Tech: Extended his hand first (purpose of shaking hand is to check u r in stress situation or not).
Note: don’t keep your hands wet.
V: Shook hand and told thanks for d offer Sir with a lovely smile J
T: Vivek have a sit and feel cool.
V: I replied ok sir and sat down J
T: 1st quest what are difference between Black box testing and white box testing?
V: I was already prepared with this and started my answer ….. !!
T: Break break …. !! (He understood I know d concept).
T: How much C u know vivek?
V: with confidence I answered Sir up to the mark.
T: where do you rate in a scale of 1-5 for C?
V: Sir I would like to rate myself at a rate of 3.5.
T: Good and shook hand again.
V: I responded with a smiling face.
T: Vivek tell me what all u know?
V: Sir I know the basics of C, C++, Java and Dbms (as an IT student I need to mention).
T: Explain me about DBMS concepts?
V: Started with the definition of Data, database, & reached up to Normalization.
T: break … where do  you stand in your class?
V: 2nd position sir.
T: who is first?
V: Srikanth pola.
T: ok you people coming in order (Pola completed his Tech round just before mine).
V: ya sir J
T: He is moving his hands here n there just for diverting us … n asked would you like to have water?
V: No Sir, thanks for d offer J
T: ok vivek you may go and extended his hand again.
V: I responded with a smile and replied again thanks for d offer sir J


HR ROUND:
Compare to TR I faced problems in HR round. For me it was stress checking round and can you imagine he asked me a ten minute long question. After completing my HR I was like 50-50 situation may or may not be in TCS.

V: Good evening Sir J
H: Ya good evening!! Vivek, I have a backache I cant sit I will be moving do u have any problem?
V: No sir I don’t have any problem J
H: He was moving continuously here n there beside the chair without looking at me!! Where were u born?
V: Hyderabad sir J
H: Which English movie u has seen recently?
V: Step up 3d J
H: what is the moral of the movie?
V: Sir the movie motivates a person to show his/her inner talent to the outside world.
 H: Example?
V: I took few seconds to think …. Then continued suppose a person is good at singing and he has a stage fear and hesitates to sing … I can say sir after watching this movie he will definitely sing J
H: ok fine!! What kinds of questions do u expect from me vivek?
V: Sir you are the Interviewer and as a student I can’t expect any kind of questions J
H: you need to specify?
V: I didn’t have any option …. So I mentioned some questions like
Why TCS why not other company? J
How much salary do you expect? J
H: so you have discussed all the questions with your friends and ready with the answers, very smart!!
V: No sir its nothing like thatJ.
H: Listttteeeeeennnnn carefully Vivekkkk!!
V: ya sirJ
H:  5 people wanted to go Jammu n kashmir from kerala through helicoptor ... they had two stops in between.. HYD n Delhi ... at hyd stop one person bcame sick .. one injured ...one d pilot had emergency ..so he went to hyd airport requested to replace me....and d injured person bcame well and d sick person admitted to hospital ... then atlast how many person reached jammu n kashmir ?
V: I replied 5 persons Sir with my assumptions (here he is just putting you in stress b cool n relax …. Question is dummy n incomplete).
H: How?
V: Sir as the 5 persons wanted to reach jammu n Kashmir definitely all 5 will go. I explained
 pilot if replaced or not one person, d injured person became well, two persons normal and d sick person recovered as anyhow friends won’t leave any1 and they reached jammu and Kashmir.
H: vivek do you think question completed?
V: it depends on you sir?
H: they had a compulsory stop at delhi and very less time to reach jammu n Kashmir?
V: ok sir J max to max they took a break of half an hour at delhi got fresh up and reached their destination.
H:  Do you think question completed? (He was moving n moving)
V: I understood if I say again it depends on you sir he will add something in the question. I just smiled n unanswered.
H: he came close to my face and said vivek u can’t come to conclusion with assumptions. You  may go!!
V: I reacted calmly and replied thank u sir n came off J J


Guys it was awesome experience with TCS recruitment process just be prepared what all you mention in your Resume. For any more doubts u can call me anytime and just have a glance at my blog and leave your reviews . Haffun take care J J















21 comments:

  1. hey vivek.....congo ur hard work and dedication certainly paid off.......ur Tr was good and ur Hr was indeed even more impressive....thnx a ton for sharing ur experience.now i knw how to face the interview board....thnx again tc!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its my pleasure dear :) all d best for ur future n keep smiling :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dude for sharing ur experience.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. @akil my pleasure :) anytime :) have a great future ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great job done by a perfectionist.... hardwork gives a sweet fruit..so this is it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah thanks alot small bro :) ur fruit is waiting at ur door :) grab d opportunity n keep smiling ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha .... ill open d door n grasp it..thnx..it is sweet..

    ReplyDelete
  8. lolz ... buddy real fruit is still waiting ... i know definitely u will grasp wen time comes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing ur Xperince it was ver gud...
    All d best for ur future

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sachin Thanks for showing ur interest :) Have a bright-full future ahead :) Enjoy life !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the TCS Experience . My honest opinion on your blog is, I would like to mention there are a few spelling mistakes and the "5 people wanted to go Jammu and Kashmir " could be re-phrased. Please do not use chat language in your blog because examples like these are very valuable for people who wants to understand . Take your time and finish the blog . Once again , a good blog which makes it interesting .

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Akshay thanks for ur visit :) will work on it :) love u all d best :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey vivek.......if we dont knw any ans...wat 2 reply?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey hi.....im frm ece...if i gt a quest lyk....y sftware?y not ur core side?

    wat shud i reply?plz tell me...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Sandhya 1st thing if u don't know d ans just try n don't give up easily ... atlast with a smile say sorry i dont know d answer :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Sandhya y software means .... u can give ur own opinion ... best ans wud be
    1) Find out d relation bet ece n software .... n answer point to point n mention Software do requires Ece ppl :) Google to know d relation.
    1)i am a good learner n wud like to learn with ur company !!
    2) Ece or IT ... it doesn't matter to my long term goal( if entrepreneur).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I check your blog on a regular basis. Your story-telling style is witty, keep it up!


    Also visit my webpage weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Vivek Can u share latest process of TCS for Experienced for QC

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey vivek thanks for sharing your tcs experience...ur blog is quite interesting.....before reading this im little bit scared about tcs interview....butnow its all ok thnkss fr sharing this

    ReplyDelete

Chat Box